сряда, 20 февруари 2008 г.

Ruth is blogging too

O.K., my New Year's resolutions were to start blogging, quit smoking cigars, become a better person, make a bundle, etc.

I tried all of the above and found out that blogging is what I used to do all my life, without recording it ...complain and brag, or brag and complain, if I am to put it in the right order.

My first blog covered the secure for me area of Bulgarian wines and was written in Bulgarian. I sent a notice to everybody in the specially selected email list of closest friends, but received Dépêches that some of you dare not to read Bulgarian language.

Here is a part of an email from Leslie who is decorating a house in Mexico for her dad:
=======
"I can't read bulgarian silly... I need my best bulgarian buddy to translate for me...

baja has been freezing... kyacking included lots of fleece, gortex, and long underwear and staying in the tent... burrrrr...not quite what I imagined.... on my way home this afternoon... wouldn't you know today it is finally sunny and warm... go figure...
===========

As Susan said:

Hi Friend,
I can't read Bulgarian but I am glad to hear from you.
Best wishes and lets get together soon for a glass of whatever.
Susan
===========

I answered to Leslie that "nobody is perfect", but this time I will write in English and maybe in a year or two my friends with Bulgarian language deficiencies will learn finally the language and will be able to swear at least at the bottom of the page.

As for Susan's invitation - I gladly accept the invitation for a glass of whatever.

Maybe a Pisco Sour which is a cocktail in dispute (origin is debated if from Chile or from Peru) which contains Pisco (a regional brandy), lemon juice, egg whites, simple syrup, and regional bitters (like Amargo bitters, though Angostura bitters work if regional bitters are unavailable). In Peru, the variety of lemon used has a flavor similar to key lime. Because of this, some recipes call for the use of lime juice rather than lemon juice.

I am talking about Peru quite often these days because my girlfriend Ruth (or Ruby as I call her) wants to take me to Peru in June. I am already researching Peru and of course started with the beverage of choice for the trip. I know that we will be hanging out in the clubs in the bohemian part of Lima called Baranco and wanted to prepare mentally how to blend in, get in the role, be cool and not act as Gringo tourist.

And since it is getting late I will pass the baton to Ruth, who is also blogging about Afro-Peruvian music - the real reason we are going there and to meet the legendary Susana Baca. Please visit Ruth's blog and you will get educated too. Here is her trio Sound Anatomy music and events schedule.

A double whammy - I will teach you Bulgarian and share with you Pisco Sour flavors. Salut!

Няма коментари: